Photo from Hope Mohr's extreme lyric I by Margo Moritz.
Concept/Design by Aza Raskin.
HMD SEEKS COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
HMD seeks an energetic Community Engagement Coordinator to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone who is dedicated to building coalitions among artists across disciplines, backgrounds, and perspectives and passionate about furthering cultural and racial equity in the arts within the Bay Area and nationwide.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will work closely with HMD’s Artistic Director and Director of Marketing & Development to further grassroots objectives, expand accessibility and cultural access of HMD programming, coordinate and manage events, and co-lead initiatives such as the Community Engagement Residency that address issues facing artists of color, LGBTQ, and other historically underserved artists.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is a part-time independent contractor position with growth and leadership opportunities. Schedule is flexible. Pay: $25/hour. We especially encourage people of color, queer, trans and gender non-conforming people to apply.
The mission of HMD is to create, present and foster outstanding art at the intersection of the body and the brain. HMD's Bridge Project approaches curating as community organizing to convene equity-driven cultural conversations. HMD is artist-driven and equity-driven. Organizational priorities are artistic excellence, social justice, fair pay for artists, and creating a creative commons. www.hopemohr.org
HMD values having diverse staff in gender, ethnicity, and background. HMD is committed to supporting female artists, LGBTQ artists, artists of color, and artists from historically underserved populations. HMD is committed to creating creative spaces where all feel welcome. HMD does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical disability, political affiliation, veteran's status, national origin, ancestry, or socio-economic status.
● Work collaboratively with HMD Staff to conceive and implement community outreach/engagement strategies for HMD’s Community Engagement Residency (CER) and Bridge Project programs
● Coordinate HMD’s Community Engagement Residency
● Increase HMD’s organizational partners for CER & Bridge Project initiatives
● Serve as the contact person for HMD’s Bridge Project artists
● Manage HMD events (including community meetings, workshops, performances, fundraisers)
● Stage management/Production support
● Conduct outreach and marketing in conjunction with Bridge Project programs
● Solicit in-kind donations for HMD events
● Recruit and supervise volunteers for HMD events
● Research, develop, and implement audience engagement strategies and surveys, in collaboration with HMD staff.
● Grant-writing and Administrative support
● Excellent writing, verbal, planning, and communication skills.
● Ability to assert leadership with limited supervision (self-starter/pro-active)
● Attention to detail
● Familiarity with and experience in contemporary arts and DEI work preferred.
● Knowledge of social justice issues affecting artists of color and other historically marginalized artist communities
● Ability to work collaboratively
● Experience promoting issues and events within community contexts
Send cover letter, resume with references, & writing sample to email@example.com